This position collaborates with Sales teams to provide pre-sales technical support by recommending products and services that meet the customer's business requirements and achieve revenue objectives. This job is both a high level strategic selling job and an in-depth technical design job.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In conjunction with sales team, participates in sales appointments, assists in the preparation of Requests for Proposals (RFP). Analyzes customer requirements and needs to understand how products and services can be applied to meet these needs and solve their problems. Designs solutions for the customer that meet their business needs, translates complex technical design requirements into information that the customer can understand and respond to, and assures complete and accurate completion of design documentation and contract paperwork in support of complex agreements.
- Acts subject matter expert (SME) in all complex product/service offerings related to voice and data products and drives the sales cycle to closure.
- Provides input to Product Management in the areas of sales policies and specific market requirements.
- Serves as interface between company and customer post sale by reviewing technical data, ascertaining job status, arranging service support, and handling after-delivery problems, etc., to insure customer needs are satisfied.
- Sets appropriate expectations on timeline and project completion and provides regular project updates to external and internal customers (sales, engineering, operations).
Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university
An equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5 + years of relevant industry experience demonstrating an in-depth working knowledge across multiple technical disciplines including:
- Network Design
- Internet Technologies, Functionality & Services
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery concepts
- Networking Protocols (with an emphasis on Layers 2, & 3)
- Customer Premise Equipment (voice & data)
- Voice Network Technologies (including VoIP)
- Data Networking Technologies, Functionality & Services (LAN, WAN, VPN, MPLS)
- Call flow design
- Hosted PBX
- Ability to create technical designs and diagrams of customer solutions
- Must have proven strategic approach in selling in varied and complex selling situations
- Ability to deal with larger business issues in addition to products and technology
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Must be a team player, able to handle ambiguity, anticipate and react to changes quickly in a fast paced environment.
General office environment with approximately 50% of time spent at customer locations.
To apply, submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.