Accounts Receivable Supervisor
Work in a fast-paced, start-up environment for an established Chicago telecommunications and IT services company headquartered in the West Loop. The Accounts Receivable Supervisor plays a key role in the Company’s Finance and Accounting team and is responsible for managing customer accounts balances post billing and overseeing the new customer credit approval functions at Access One. The position reports to the Controller and works closely with Billing, Customer Service, Legal and the Sales department to resolve questions and issues related to customer accounts and accounts receivable.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead month end reporting process which includes customer account aging, cash application reconciliation, and analyzing bad debt accounts for monthly write offs.
- Direct and oversee Senior Credit & Collections specialist.
- Supervise credit analysis on new and existing business customers, handles escalations of complex submissions to ensure company policies are followed.
- Oversee daily cash applications and process month end batch of auto payments.
- Administer payment processing system, authorize.net
- Acts as advanced resource for resolution of customer account balance discrepancies, research and provide responses to internal personnel and customers.
- Manage monthly monitoring of delinquent accounts, initiating reminder notices and service suspensions when necessary.
- Submit support for collections agency placements and track collection status.
- Work with management and other departments to develop and improve processes and procedures.
- Assist in special projects as requested by management to ensure deadlines are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in business, accounting or finance preferred but not required.
5+ years of accounts receivable and collections experience. Supervisory experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. Database (SQL or similar) experience preferred but not required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and external customers.
- Demonstrated commitment to accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail.
- Ability to work across different information systems (accounting, billing, etc.).
- Capable of multitasking projects and delivering quick turnaround times.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently.