Customer Care Representative
This position is responsible for providing phone based customer support to Access One’s existing customer base. Customer Care Representatives will assist customers with account inquiries, facilitate move, add, and change orders, and open trouble tickets.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer telephone inquiries from customers in a timely and professional manner
- Provide quality service to Access One customers by responding to customer needs and inquiries, and initiating resolution of problems in specific areas. May partner with other department staff to resolve issues
- Perform data entry into the appropriate systems in order to document customer complaints and steps taken to address issues
- Correspond with customers and other company departments to obtain facts regarding customer inquiry/complaint
- Help to create customer loyalty by providing courteous, efficient, and effective service to all Access One customers and continuously look for opportunities to improve our overall customer service
- Provide trouble ticket status upon request of the customer
High School Diploma of general education degree (GED) required
Customer Service and/or Telecom experience is highly desirable
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs and solicit customer feedback to improve service
- Excellent communication skills are required. Reps must be able to write and speak clearly and informatively. Must be able to listen and get clarification when needed, and respond well to question
- Commitment to teamwork is necessary, as well as the ability to balance team and individual responsibilities. Contribute to building a positive team build morale and commitment group to goals and objectives
- Ability to prioritize, use time efficiently and manage competing demands while still meeting deadlines
- Demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail. Look for ways to improve and promote quality
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 10% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.