Managed Services Field Technician
The Managed Services Field Technician is responsible for handling onsite support of customer service requests. This relates to technologies including: workstations, servers, virtualization, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Onsite support relating to technical issues involving all of Microsoft’s core business applications (AD, DNS, Exchange, SQL, Hyper-V, etc.), VMware Virtualization, and Client Operating Systems
- Support of backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Basic technical support at the network level: LAN/WAN connectivity, routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix. Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets
- System documentation maintenance and review within customer management and support systems
- Detailed communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, changes, or outages through detailed ticketing as well as phone communication
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, value, and satisfaction. Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Work with the Service Desk Manager to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Escalate service requests that require a level of a Service Network Engineer to support
- Responsible for entering time and expenses as it occurs
- Understand processes in a customer support system by completing assigned training criteria. Enter all work as service tickets into customer support system
- Support and troubleshoot basic phone systems including HPBX
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar support role.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP/MCSA, Cisco CCNA, or CompTIA Network +. Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems. Prior experience with Connectwise, ITGlue, and Auvik a plus.
- Interpersonal skills: such as communication skills, active listening, customer-care, and ability to manage one’s own time
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Strong writing skills for communicating with customers and documentation