Managed Services Onboarding Engineer
The Managed Services Onboarding Engineer is responsible for the on-boarding of new Managed Service clients. The Managed Services Onboarding Engineer works in partnership with the Access One Project Manager and client to align the deliverables for the on-boarding to ensure for a smooth and timely implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the technical project manager while leading all onboarding activities for new Managed Service clients.
- Lead the discovery and knowledge transfer processes with clients during the onboarding process, assisting in tool deployment, creation of support documentation and process, coordination between internal and external resources to ensure a successful onboarding experience and handoff to the remaining Support Teams.
- Maintain internal and/or client-facing documentation, as assigned.
- Interface with internal and external organizations and ensure onboarding process is properly completed.
- Analyze, develop and communicate key Onboarding process and technology improvements to appropriate internal constituents.
- Escalate unresolved issues to internal Access One staff within pre-determined timeframes, based on contractual obligations, on a client-by-client basis.
- Maintain current and high level of technical skill in field of expertise; Keep abreast of developments in computing technology and solutions to common problems.
- Communicate with all parties in a constructive manner to guarantee customer expectations are met.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify areas for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
- Communicate escalated issues to customers: keeping them informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Business awareness: specific knowledge of the customer and how IT relates to their business strategy and goals
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as: ITIL, PMP, Microsoft MCSE, Cisco CCNP, or VMware VCP
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Labtech RMM /ConnectWise PSA experience strongly desired
- Knowledge of IT applications, processes, software, and equipment
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
- Skill in planning and preparing written communications
- Interpersonal skills: such as communication skills, active listening, and customer-care
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Cisco Meraki, Office 365, Server Virtualization, Cloud, and Disaster Recovery Techniques