The Solution to Your IT Team’s Problems: Managed IT Services
January 20, 2020
These scenarios might sound familiar:
- You have an IT department, but it’s overwhelmed with day-to-day tasks.
- It’s too expensive to pay internal IT staff to work around the clock to monitor your network and keep it secure.
- There are several technology initiatives that seem to constantly sit on the back burner while your IT team puts out daily fires.
- You’re paying your IT team for their expertise, but most of their time is taken up setting up workstations, updating software, or hooking up printers.
If any of those hit too close to home, it’s time to look into managed IT services. There’s a common misconception that if your business has an existing IT team, you don’t need the support offered by managed IT services providers. The truth is, managed IT can be used in whatever way your business needs. A good managed IT provider offers a broad range of services – from more complicated undertakings such as conducting a risk assessment to the management of day-to-day tasks so your staff can focus on more important initiatives. Managed IT can help you handle:
- IT help desk tasks. A managed help desk solution is an effective way to relieve your IT staff of time-consuming support activities. With managed help desk, your provider can field calls, emails, and automated alerts related to your users’ technology issues so your IT team doesn’t have to.
- Patches and updates. The typical internal IT team loses valuable time every day handling menial tasks, including applying patches and updates. A managed IT provider can take this off their plate and give them back a large part of the day.
- 24/7 monitoring. It can be outrageously expensive to pay internal IT staff to monitor an IT environment around the clock and make sure any issues are properly and promptly addressed. Your managed IT provider can deliver this service as part of their overall offering.
Managed IT is the answer to your internal IT staff’s woes. While some businesses opt for more extensive managed IT services such as a virtual CIO, you can also use managed IT to supplement your existing IT staff so they are able to focus on the business-critical tasks that will help your company grow.
Whether you need support for day-to-day IT tasks, help improving IT security, or an expert to deploy advanced network management services, you’ll get the support you need from Access One. Contact us today and see how we can be a true managed IT partner to support your unique needs.